Friday, June 4, 2010

Being in a ' Book Club'

I talked to you about Saffy's Angel, and I've talked about Indigo*s star, but haven't talked about the other books.  Here, down below is my list of books I've read so far in order.

  1. A hundred dresses
  2. Every Soul A Star
  3. Rules
  4. Poppy
  5. Saffy's Angel
  6. Indigo*s Star
  7. Out of the dust
The first book, A hundred dresses is basically about feeling. There is a main character, Wanda Petronski, and she is always being mistreated in school. There are 2 people in her class that are bullies to Wanda. Their names are Peggy, and Maddie. They are so mean to Wanda, and sometimes she just stands at the back of the school, until school is over. And sometimes she did go to school, but when it was her turn to read aloud, she was absolutely silent. Nobody new Wanda. Nobody even talked to her. Wanda kept on saying" I have a hundred dresses" Peggy kept on asking, so that made Wanda feel bad. She didn't tell her brother, or teacher, or her father how she was feeling. Then something happened...
Read the book to find out!!
The Hundred Dresses
My second book, Every Soul A Star, is a great book. I could read that book 4times 1 week if I wanted to. This book is basically Adventurous. What's different about this book is that the different characters both have a chapters about themselves. Amazing!!!!  There are 3 main characters who has a chapter for themselves. They are:

  • Ally- really smart
  • Bree-drama queen
  • Jack-whiny child
Jack - Jack's mom decided Jack to go to summer school. Of course Jack did not want to go,especially since his summer school teacher is his science teacher. On the way there, Jack sits next to an old lady(who is Jack's science teacher's mother.) who had licorice and wanted to give Jack some.

Bree - Bree has a little sister named Melony who drives Bree nuts!! Also Bree has a friend named Claire, and doesn't want to move, but she has to move any way.

Ally - Ally  has to move to, but she doesn't like the move also. But... Bree is moving into Ally's house, and Ally is moving into Bree's house.

So.......... Bree's family, and Ally's family is meeting together.  ( read the story and see what happens next!)This story is the best book in the world  for you!!  So.. read this book,and don't forget it!!

Every Soul A Star
Rules- This book is basically about being you.
This book rules has a character who has autism. 
Autism is a type of disease /sickness  that you could have when you are a baby { I'm not saying you do, but some other people do, but ask your parents any way...} it's not functioning right, and you have as long as you live. This character's name is David. He also has short term memory loss.
His older sister has a new friend who trying to change who she is . There is a prom coming up and she needs someone to dance with.  Read this book to find out who she dances with,and what type of function he has! {hint- he's paralyzed!!!
Rules
Poppy- Poppy is a book full of animals. So if you love books, and animals..... then Poppy is the book for you!!!! There are animals in the book who are: a porcupine, an owl, mice, a young boy,and so much more!!! 
Poppy (The Poppy Stories)
Now, back to Saffy's Angel. Saffy's Angel is a really joyful book that will "open up your heart".
 Look back to my old blog Saffy's Angel. And see my favorite part. My absolute favorite part is when Saffy goes into the garden and finds out her angel is always with her.

Saffy's Angel 
 
Indigo*s Star- I have not yet finished this book, but I predict that Indigo will go searching out to get a shooting star, and when he gets to this "special place" he realizes that the shooting star is always in within him.

Indigo's Star 
Out of the dust - Out of the dust is set during the Great Depression. That meant that people were poor back in the days. this book starts off really sad, but gets happier in the ending.  My mother said something that really shocked me. She said.... The story doesn't have to be long to be powerful. It just has to have a strong meaning. What does that mean to you? 

Out of the Dust 


Okay, now you know all of the books I've read [or reading] . Now, I'ts time for me to tell you what it's like being in a book club.   


  1. You will have to like /or love reading books
  2. You will discuss over the book that your 'Book Club Teacher' assigned you to do
  3. You will get to say how you felt about the book
  4. You will read another "assigned book" to read.
Now that you know what to do in a book club... try it out. You might like it!!!
.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a review!

    I must say, you are beaming as a little author, and I do like your brevity --- tell the good parts but not the details to steal the story away!

    I await to read your 1st novel!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a kick out of reading your book reviews...that way I don't have to read them myself! Of course, I'd appreciate it if you told me how the story ends!

    ReplyDelete